Consortium for Professional Learning (CPL)
The Consortium for Professional Learning (CPL) brings together The Faculty of Education and Social Work at the University of Auckland and Evaluation Associates Ltd to provide professional learning and development services nationally and internationally. As a consortium we are able to leverage our individual organisational strengths to a new level for the benefit of teachers and learners.
We provide a nationally-led, regionally and culturally responsive and locally relevant model of professional learning that is capable of guaranteeing system lifts in student learning and achievement.
We want to work with schools to ensure that all students enjoy a quality learning experience for the whole time they are at school, and that they are able and motivated to drive their own learning.
Our approach is characterised by:
- ensuring the quality of the learning experience of the student is at the centre of all we do
- high levels of innovation to leverage technologies in the service of learning
- a coherent theory and research base underpinning all PLD programmes offered
- high levels of facilitator skill backed by post-graduate qualifications in professional facilitation practice
- demonstrated capability to achieve substantial, verifiable and sustainable school, teacher and student improvements
- guaranteed results.
We are committed to supporting the Ministry of Education focus on improving education system performance for all students, and in particular for those groups of students identified as priority learners within the system – Māori students, Pasifika students, students from low socio-economic communities and students with special education needs.